Atmospheric Plasma Treatment –
Harnessing the fourth state of matter
We learn that solid, liquid and gas are the three states of matter. Less known, however, is the fourth state of matter, plasma energy, and it’s produced within 3DT’s PlasmaDyne Pro.
PlasmaDyne Pro obliterates adhesion challenges in manufacturing
Bonding problems are pervasive in manufacturing because many materials refuse to bond to other materials as a result of their chemical structure. PlasmaDyne Pro overcomes these manufacturing and decorating challenges.
3DT’s PlasmaDyne Pro generates atmospheric plasma to treat a wide variety of materials used in manufacturing. It is designed to improve the adhesion of ink, paint, and adhesives prior to decoration, coating or the joining of parts. See it in action- watch the video to the right.
PlasmaDyne Pro produces a highly ionized plasma air stream (similar to lightning) that re-structures the chemical properties of material passed under its treating head. The invisibly altered surface is now capable of powerful bonding with another material. Some typical applications include: the improved adhesion of ink to plastic parts, adhering plastic tubing to medical devices and applying glue to automotive rubber seals prior to flocking.
3DT’s hardworking, classic atmospheric plasma treatment system, PlasmaDyne, has been thoroughly updated as a part of the company’s effort toward continual improvement. Updates include the newest in electrical engineering components and design. Renamed PlasmaDyne Pro, the upgraded system features an optimized, sophisticated control unit, adjustable plasma treatment levels, energy efficiency, modular replacement parts, and it’s compact and economical.
PlasmaDyne Pro’s features and benefits:
- Adjustable power level up to 500W to achieve desired treatment levels- turn up the power to raise surface energy on resistant substrates or lower the power for delicate substrates.
- Color touch display for monitoring all system parameters, including troubleshooting and fault log.
- Modular power supply for treating heads allows for quick, easy changes to keep production running.
- Active power correction for highest efficiency and lowest operating cost.
- Compact and economical: PlasmaDyne Pro systems with 3 or more treating heads are now smaller than systems previously produced and more economical as a result.
View our Blog article about 3DT’s PlasmaDyne Pro here from the developing engineer’s point of view.
Micro-clean and Activate Unresponsive Surfaces for Long-lasting Bonds
3DT’s PlasmaDyne Pro uses atmospheric plasma technology to treat a wide variety of surfaces such as plastics, rubber, glass, metals, paperboard and composites. Through this process, the atmospheric plasma (a highly ionized air stream) re-structures the chemical properties of the surface to create a powerful bond between the substrate and adhesives, coatings, laminates, paint, and ink. Plasma is also effective for cleaning surfaces by removing impurities, contaminants, residue, and organic compounds.
The Smart Technology Behind PlasmaDyne Pro-
PlasmaDyne Pro is designed with these unique features-
- Plasma technology dramatically enhances bonding while eliminating inefficiencies, product damage.
- State-of-the-art, solid-state microprocessor circuitry – for more precision and control than previously possible.
- Treating heads are programmed to operate independently, providing the flexibility for numerous applications.